When life’s beauty and brilliance meet the canvas at the hand of Missy Ormand the movement, texture and energetic blend of chromatic colors fill the room. Inspired by French impressionists such as Degas, Van Gogh and Monet, she uses the Reflectionist theory to create each piece using all her senses to draw in creativity.
Our journey through this world is full of new and unexpected lessons. Each time Missy begins her work she embodies the moment without boundaries. Most of her landscapes are seen only in her mind until they are translated to the now. More than just the sights she has seen, she creates splendor from her heart felt emotions and undying passion for life.
After picking up her pallet knife 10 years ago. She has not looked back. Since then, her work has been displayed in galleries around the country and here are a few special awards and events:
- Celebration of the Arts in the Kentucky Library and Museum—“Most Original” Award
- Women in the Arts—Bowling Green, KY—“Best in Show”
- Nashville’s Barely Legal
- Live Painting—Nu Gallery Art—Ft. Worth, Texas
- Arts and Jazz Festival—Denton, Texas
- Art in the Park--Watercolor, Florida
- Live Painting—Seagrove--Big Mama Hula Gallery